100th Anniversary Jubilee of Apparition
of Our Lady of Fatima
JUBILEE PRAYER OF CONSECRATION
Hail, Mother of the Lord,
Virgin Mary, Queen of the Rosary of Fatima!
Blessed among all women,
You are the image of the Church dressed in
the Paschal light,
You are the honour of our people,
You are the triumph over the mark of evil.
Prophecy of the merciful Love of the Father,
Teacher of the Annunciation of the Good News
of the Son,
Sign of the burning Fire of the Holy Spirit,
Teach us, in this valley of joys and sorrows,
the eternal truths
that the Father reveals to the little ones.
Show us the strength of your mantle of protection.
In your Immaculate Heart,
be the refuge of sinners and
the way that leads to God.
In unity with my brethren,
In Faith, Hope and Love,
I surrender myself to you.
In unity with my brethren,
I consecrate myself to God,
O Virgin of the Rosary of Fatima.
And thus surrounded by the Light that
comes from your hands,
I will give Glory to the Lord
for ever and ever. Amen.
THE REQUESTS OF OUR LADY OF FATIMA
During the First World War (1917), the Blessed Virgin appeared to three shepherd children near Fatima, in Portugal about sixty miles from Lisbon. Her six visits began in May and ended in October, the month of the Rosary. Lucia, one of the children, noted in her Memoirs following requests of Our Lady:
1."Pray the Rosary every day, in order to obtain peace for the world ... " (Fatima, May 13,1917)
2. "I wish you to pray the Rosary every day ... Jesus wishes to make use of you [Lucia] to make me known and loved. He wants to establish in the world devotion to my Immaculate Heart." (Fatima, June 13, 1917)
3. "I want you to continue to pray the Rosary every day in honour of Our Lady of the Rosary, in order to obtain peace for the world and the end of the war, because only she can help you. Sacrifice yourselves for sinners, and say many times, especially whenever you make some sacrifice: O Jesus, it is for love of You, for the conversion of sinners, and in reparation for the sins committed against the Immaculate Heart of Mary. ... You have seen hell where the souls of poor sinners go. To save them, God wishes to establish in the world devotion to my Immaculate Heart." (Fatima, July 13, 1917)
4. "Pray, pray very much, and make sacrifices for sinners; for many souls go to hell, because there are none to sacrifice themselves and to pray for them." (Valinhos, August 19, 1917)
5. "Continue to pray the Rosary ... God is pleased with your sacrifices. He does not want you to sleep with the rope on, but only to wear it during the daytime." (Fatima, September 13, 1917)
6. When Lucia asked the cure of some sick per- sons, the conversion of sinners, Our Lady answered: "Some yes, but not others. They must amend their lives and ask forgiveness for their sins. Do not offend the Lord Our God anymore, because He is already so much offended." (Fatima, October 13, 1917)
7. "The moment has come in which God asks the Holy Father, in union with all the Bishops of the world, to make the consecration of Russia to my Immaculate Heart, promising to save it by this means. There are so many souls whom the Justice of God condemns for sins committed against me, that I have come to ask reparation: sacrifice yourself for these intentions and pray!" (Pontevedra, June 13, 1929)
In the apparition of June, the Lady presents her Immaculate Heart as a “refugee and the way that […] will lead you to God.” Again, in July, after the vision of hell, she reaffirms it by suggesting a consecration to her immaculate heart as a way of conversion and reparation. The devotion to the Heart of Mary becomes apparent, particularly when asking for the consecration of Russia and of everything that this would symbolise, expression of the presence of God that follows the drama of human history, inviting the believers to another vision of the history, based upon an eschatological dimension. In Pontevedra and Tuy, in the visions that conclude the event of Fatima, the request for the consecration is renewed, and becomes associated to the Communion of Reparation on the First Saturdays.
The centrality of God is at the core of the request for the consecration to the Heart of Mary and the Communion of Reparation of the first Saturdays. As a way that leads to God, the Heart of Mary is a heart shaped by the heart of God – “And I will give you shepherds according to My heart” (Jer 3,15) – and to consecrate to Him is to welcome the willingness to open ourselves to the conversion to the Divine Mercy. The Immaculate Heart is the planning icon of mercy that God has for his people.
Therefore, the first Saturdays, offered in reparation to the Immaculate Heart of Mary, will evoke in the believer the centrality of God’s mercy and will remind him that the heart without spot reflects His loving presence.
THE FIRST SATURDAYS DEVOTION
On December 10th, 1925, at Tuy (Spain), Our Lady appeared to Sister Lucia and said:
"Look, my daughter, at my Heart, surrounded with thorns with which ungrateful men pierce me at every moment by their blasphemies and ingratitude. You at least try to console me and say that I promise to help at the hour of death, with the graces necessary for salvation, all those who, on the first Saturday of five consecutive months, shall: go to confession, and receive Holy Communion, recite five decades of the Rosary, and keep me company for fifteen minutes while meditating on the fifteen mysteries of the Rosary. With the intention of making reparation to me" (to her Immaculate Heart).
Note. The Rosary may be recited at any convenient time of the day, and the fifteen-minute meditation may be made at any time of the day, either on all the mysteries as a whole or on one special mystery. The Rosary and Meditation may be combined by thinking on each mystery a few minutes before or after reciting the decade. A sermon for the occasion may be substituted for the meditation.
ACT OF CONSECRATION TO THE IMMACULATE HEART OF MARY
O Mary, Virgin and most powerful Mother of Mercy, Queen of heaven and Refuge of sinners, we consecrate ourselves today to thine Immaculate Heart. We consecrate to thee our very being and our whole life, all that we have, all that we love, all that we are. To thee we give our bodies, our hearts and souls, to thee we give our homes, our families and our country.
Mindful of this consecration we now promise to imitate thee by the practice of Christian virtues without regard for human respect. We resolve to receive Holy Communion on the first Saturday of every month when possible and to offer daily five decades of the Rosary with all our sacrifices in the spirit of penance and reparation. Amen.
Prayer given to the Shepherd Children of Fatima
Print version of those prayers is available from Divine Mercy Apostolate Repository: Order Code: 100Fatima at £ 0.25 each